Why does the mainstream media love things like the Boston terror bombing? It's not what you think – that they all love to wallow in gore, and if it bleeds, it leads. Well, that's true, of course, but that's not the reason this media just loves the thing at this particular time. What the Boston bombing has done is given them a big story they can cover so that they don't have to cover:
- The Gosnell serial abortion/murder story.
- The huge Obama defeat on gun control.
- The ongoing collapse of the Blue Cities.
- The ongoing Great Depression of the U.S. economy.
- The ongoing destruction of the American work force.
- The continuing housing collapse.
- A horrible and failed approach to foreign policy and foreign relations.
- The failure of this administration to do anything to rein in either North Korea or Iran.
- The endless beat goes on.
Far better to focus entirely on Boston, especially because, even though the target – a crowd of innocents – and the method – a type of IED in common use by Muslim terrorists in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Pakistan (not to mention an American Muslim jihadi, the Times Square Bomber – notice a pattern here yet?) indicates that the odds are high the atrocity was carried out by Muslims motivated by jihad to attack the United States.
And even though this is the case, there remains at least some possibility that the deed will turn out to have been perpetrated by a white male conservative. At which point they will all ejaculate, and then continue yammering about that for another year. Which will take them into mid-terms, where they can really go to work helping Obama to try to take back the House.
Believe it, though: If this turns out to be yet another act of Muslim terror, you will suddenly hear less about it than even the Gosnell serial murders.