America’s got a fee-vah and the only prescription is … more amnesty?
Here. Try some polls that are probably much more legitimate than this CNN exercise in attack polling propaganda on scamnesty:
- Rasmussen, October 22, 2013 — Poll of likely voters
- Only 25% think it is even somewhat likely that the federal government will secure the border and prevent illegal immigration with new immigration legislation; 65% consider it unlikely.
- Only 18% think illegal aliens should be given immediate amnesty; 62% believe legalization should occur only after the border is secured, and 19% are unsure.
- 40% favor the immigration bill passed by the Senate (S.744); 40% oppose it, and 20% are undecided. Support was down from 53% just one month earlier.
- 29% think the House should pass Senate bill. 44% think that the House should review the Senate bill piece by piece. 27% are undecided.
- Only 28% believe “comprehensive” immigration reform will pass Congress and be signed by the President this year.
- 55% of American adults oppose “providing free public education benefits to children of immigrants who are in the United States illegally” (PDK/Gallup, August 2013).
- 56% of American adults want the border secure before any type of amnesty is granted to illegal aliens. Only 37% want amnesty before border security (CBS News, July 2013).
- 31% of illegal aliens surveyed identified themselves as Democrats; 4% as Republicans. In addition, 23% of illegal aliens lean toward the Democratic Party while 15% lean toward the Republican Party (Pew Hispanic Center, July 2013).
- When told that the Senate immigration bill (S.744) would only decrease illegal immigration up to 50% of its current rate, according to the Congressional Budget Office, only 39% of U.S. likely voters supported the bill (Rasmussen, July 2013).
- 80% of American adults support “stricter border control to try to reduce illegal immigration.” This includes 93% Republicans, 76% Democrats, 83% Independents, 74% Blacks, 61% Hispanics, and 75% of 18-39 year olds (ABC News/Washington Post, April 2013).
- Latino Opinions, July 2013 — Poll of U.S. Hispanic adults
- 60% of registered Hispanic voters support granting amnesty to “undocumented immigrants” only if illegal immigration is reduced by 90%. 34% support amnesty before that goal is reached.
- 56% of registered Hispanic voters (51% all adults) oppose allowing illegal aliens to obtain federal benefits “while they are going through the legalization process and before the 90% goal is reached.”
- Hispanic voters ranked immigration reform last (31%) among a list of four priority issues, behind the economy (62%), healthcare (57%), and education (45%).
- 60% of Hispanic voters support tougher enforcement, with only 35% opposed.
- 64% of Hispanic voters support the use of E-verify, with only 29% opposed.
I have no idea why Allah gives crap like that deeply manipulative and manipulated CNN poll breathless coverage, but he does.