Conrad Alvin Barrett, 27, has been charged with a federal hate crime related to a racially-motivated assault of a 79-year-old African American man, announced Acting Assistant Attorney General Jocelyn Samuels of the Civil Rights Division…
According to the complaint, on Nov. 24, 2013, Barrett attacked the elderly man because of the man’s race and color in what Barrett called a “knockout.”
“Suspected crimes of this nature will simply not be tolerated,” said U.S. Attorney Magidson. “Evidence of hate crimes will be vigorously investigated and prosecuted with the assistance of all our partners to the fullest extent of the law.”
I’m having some difficulty tracking down hard numbers*, but I don’t think that any honest person would object to a claim that at least a hundred black “youths” had been implicated in “knockout” attacks on white people. But the first person to be charged by the feds is white.
* That’s not necessarily a sign of coverup. When writing an incident report on an attack, is it always clear whether it was the knockout game?
Makes sense, I guess. Just as black people cannot be racist, black people cannot commit hate crimes.
Makes you think, though. Barrett said he wondered if an attack by a white man on a black person would make the news. This is pretty clearly a response to the silence from the media and the inaction by the federal government regarding black-against-white crime. I’m guessing this is just the first ripple of a tidal wave of backlash. Which makes you wonder: why do Obama, Holder, and the MSM want to incite a race war in the US?