The average American in the average City, County or State job didn’t ask to bilk the taxpayer, but increasingly one gets the sense that government workers don’t seem to understand they are paid in Tax Money.
Well, the workers may not, but their union bosses certainly do.
For those unclear on the concept, here’s the Devil’s Bargain at work:
1. Union leaders deploy union resources – money, time, volunteers – to help elect favored politicians.
2. The money comes from union dues.
3. Union dues is extracted from union members’ paychecks.
4. Union members are paid by taxpayers’ taxes.
5. Politicians elected by union efforts reward unions with more money from taxpayers.
Who gets shafted in this deal?
They are paying for their own pockets and purses to be robbed. So who is more stupid? City workers, or taxpayers? It’s popular to blame greedy unions and workers for all of this, but how about voters and taxpayers take a look in the mirror first?
You’re voting for it, you’re paying for it, you own it. It’s yours, so shut up, bend over, and take your medicine good and hard.