WASHINGTON (Map, News) – Public anger over earmarks cost Republicans their majority in Congress in 2006,
The 2006 election has become all things to all people.
1. The GOP lost because of anger over earmarks.
2. The GOP lost because of anger over Foley and sexual corruption.
3. The GOP lost because of anger over Iraq.
4. The GOP lost because of Bush’s unpopularity in general.
5. The GOP lost because disgruntled conservatives stayed home.
6. The GOP lost because of dissatisfaction with congress in general.
So, which is it?
Frankly, I’ve seen very little hard analysis that validates any of these positions.